ABOUT CHAMPION SEED:
Founded by family partners, Champion Seed is an independently-owned, regionally focused seed company that strives to build and maintain the broadest portfolio of genetics and traits—selected from top breeding programs in the world—in order to match seed-to-soil right down to the county level.
It’s all in the name. It’s in the genetics and the traits we select. It’s in the way we Champion agronomy. It’s in the way we Champion our people and customers. It’s in the way we manage our warehouse inventory. It’s in the way our shipments show up in Champion Seed trucks. We have confidence in everything we do- because we only Champion the best.
ABOUT THE AGRONOMY INTERN ROLE:
Champion Seed is focused on relationships and agronomy. We take it state by state, county by county, field by field, and zone by zone. We support our customers with timely, agronomic information they need to make successful decisions.
Champion Interns gain exposure to all elements of the operation but directly support our office, District Sales Managers, and Sales Agronomists in their efforts to sell and service our customer base. This will include visiting prospects and customers, aiding in seed delivery and other operational tasks as necessary, helping to orchestrate field tests, field scouting, and other assignments geared to aid in your understanding of the business, agricultural and agronomic skill set.
A Champion Seed Intern should be self-motivated, energetic, and be well organized. He or she should possess an insatiable curiosity for all things Ag and be constantly, proactively staying ahead of the curve on Champion products and our key competitors, farm management practices and related agronomic products and services.
HE OR SHE WILL ALSO:
- Be actively pursuing a four-year degree with an agriculturally related major
- Be proficient in all forms of communication; digital and mobile savvy
- Be independent and self-motivated
- Possess a valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Be able to lift and move 50lb seed bags as necessary
- Have excellent verbal and written skills
- Represent Champion Seed in a manner consistent with our brand
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Supporting office, District Sales Manager and Sales Agronomist activities as instructed
- Product and data analysis and reporting as needed
- Execution of regular scouting and consultation on identified customer/accounts with documentation and reporting
- Compliance with all Champion policies, programs, and procedures while interning
- Participation in biweekly sales calls and periodic training/management meetings as needed
- Compliance and cooperation with the broader Champion team
Submit application to [email protected] by Friday, December 31st, 2021.
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience. Champion Seed is an equal opportunity employer.